January 18th Webinar: Not All Environmental Due Diligence is Equal

This webinar will attempt to put into perspective the appropriate due diligence protocol for borrower, lender, current owner, or perspective owner. 

...Read More


Blog Categories

Upcoming Webinars

Injections - An In Situ Remediation Solution
2018 Commercial Real Estate Forecast: What the Experts Are Seeing and Saying
Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Reporting
Soil & Groundwater Investigation Techniques: The Foundation for Decision-Making
Not All Environmental Due Diligence is Equal
Do You Need an Environmental Consultant?

Marketing Department

As a small business owner, you may need to hire an environmental consultant to help you with regulatory or permitting requirements. Environmental consultants provide important services to help business owners better understand regulatory requirements, meet permitting obligations, and identify ways to improve efficiency, save money, and reduce liability. If you have never used an environmental consultant, it can be confusing to figure out what type of consultant you need and, more important, find an experienced consultant. Here are a few tips from the Ohio EPA in getting the right consultant for your needs.

When do I need an environmental consultant?

If you do not have the in-house technical expertise to complete permit applications, design systems or complete plans, you may need to hire a consultant. Some of Ohio EPA’s regulations require the use of a certified professional or professional engineer to prepare, review, stamp or certify applications or plans. For example, permit-to-install applications submitted to Ohio EPA’s Division of Surface Water must have a Professional Engineer’s (PE) stamp. Companies interested in cleaning up brownfield sites through Ohio EPA’s Voluntary Action Program must use a Certified Professional (CP).
If plans or applications require a PE signature or stamp and you haven’t worked with a PE, Ohio EPA will be unable to process your information. Make sure you know if you are required to use a professional. If you aren’t sure, contact your local Ohio EPA district office for guidance.


Post Date: 12/1/2017

© August Mack Environmental, Inc.