August Mack’s presence in the Mid-Atlantic was established in 1994 with the opening of a Baltimore office. Then in 1998, Susan Burkett opened the office in southeast Pennsylvania to better serve the growing client base in Pennsylvania. Susan continues to serve clients in a corporate capacity as Principal Engineer for August Mack’s eCAP® Services. In its infancy, the Pennsylvania office provided environmental, health and safety compliance services to foundries, food companies, and metal products...Read More »
July 1917 - The King of England, King George, changed the name of the royal house and the entire family. Both the royal house and the family were to be called "The House of Windsor".
July 1930 - Construction of the Hoover Dam began
July 1989 - The 16th James Bond film, "License to Kill", premieres in theaters.
July 2000 - August Mack Environmental, Inc. was named #194 on the Engineering News-Record List of "Top 200 Environmental Firms"
July 2004 - August Mack Environmental, Inc. was awarded First...Read More »
Next week August Mack will be speaking on "What's New in Environmental", as well as exhibiting a booth at the Mid America Safety, Health & Environmental Conference & Expo at the Tan Tar Resort in Osage Beach, Missouri. The conference, commonly referred to as the "Mid Am Conference", will feature over eighty education workshops on a variety of health and safety topics. Be sure to check out the event website at the link above if you are interested.
Eric Emmett, who will be speaking, is an...Read More »
In additional to August Mack's participation as an exhibitor, August Mack's Principal Engineer for Compliance Services, Chuck Staehler, will be speaking on "What Safety Professionals Should...Read More »
If you suspect a violation may be present or you become aware that a facility should have been complying with a law but has not, a consultant can come in and offer environmental compliance solutions.
Mos...Read More »
EPA Administrator Announces $2.9 Million to Clean Up Contaminated Sites and Revitalize Michigan Communities
EPA brownfields investments protect health, environment, create jobs and promote economic redevelopment
(CHICAGO – June 6, 2011) Today in Lansing, Michigan, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Lisa P. Jackson announced more than $76 million in new investments across the country that will help redevelop contaminated properties, boost local economies and help create jobs while protecting public health. EPA’s brownfields grants are used to assess and clean up abandoned industrial...Read More »
- 541620 - Environmental Consulting
- 562910 - Remediation Services
- 541330 - Engineering
- 562112 - Hazardous Waste Removal
- 541380 - Environmental Testing and Laboratory Services
- 541990 - Other Professional Services
· For loans less than $150,000, if the lender’s environmental questionnaire reveals the need for additional investigation, a Desktop Environmental Review must be conducted by an...Read More »
- For loans of $150,000 or less, the lender must obtain a “Records Search with Risk Assessment” (as opposed to a transaction screen) by a qualified Environmental...
The Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS) Safety Data Sheets (SDS) has 16 sections in a set order, and information requirements are prescribed. In Section Seven of the GHS SDS, the required information is related to handling and storage. A complete list of applicable required information is below:
- Precautions for safe handling
- Conditions for safe storage, including any incompatibilities
In Section Eight of the GHS SDS, the required information is related...Read More »
During the years, eCAP® has achieved many benefits for clients using the system:
- Helped facilities get up-to-speed and into regulatory compliance
- Maintained institutional knowledge
- Transitioned environmental, health and safety functions during change
- Increased regulatory expertise
- Improved environmental compliance programs at the facility
- Eliminated regulatory deficiencies and penalties
- Provided corporate consistencies
- Ensured regulatory maintenance
- Eliminated tasks for plant engineers, human resource...
Here is a typical Case Study
concerning spill planning:
August Mack Environmental was retained by a client to complete a Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasures (SPCC) plan for an Ohio facility. The purpose of this project was to ensure the facility’s EPA environmental compliance with the SPCC requirements codified in Title 40 of the Code of Federal Regulations Part 112 (40 CFR 112). The scope of work for this project included compiling pertinent operational information for the site,...
Upcoming Webinar on The End Game: Effective Use of Institutional Controls for Risk-Based Closures in Indiana
Implementing an Environmental Management System (EMS) at your company can be extremely beneficial by providing a general framework for organizing the tasks for effective environmental management. Additionally, implementing an EMS can have the following benefits:
- Integrates existing environmental programs
- Creates an orderly process for understanding and meeting regulatory requirements
- Integrates environmental issues into mainstream business activities
- Reduces risks associated with environmental...
August Mack Environmental, Inc., a full-service environmental, health and safety (EH&S) consulting firm, is pleased to the promotion of Bennett Thayer to Office Manager for the Dublin, Ohio office. Since joining August Mack in 2004, Thayer has served as a field scientist, staff scientist and project manager.
With more than eight years of experience, Thayer specializes in local, state and federal environmental compliance; environmental, health and safety (EH&S) servicing and reporting;...Read More »
Click here to view one of the
recorded webinars below presented by an Environmental Compliance
Reducing the Cost of EH&S While Maintaining Compliance
In today's uncertain economy, many manufacturing companies are struggling with ways to cut costs while still producing a high quality product and meeting the needs of their employees. One area that tends to be continually looked at from a cost-savings perspective is environmental, health and safety (EH&S). While the need to maintain...
The United States Geological Survey (USGS) posts the following definitions:
- Historic and Cultural Properties - Those nonrenewable remains of human activity, occupation, artifacts, ruins,...
Final Rule Published on National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Reciprocating Internal Combustion Engines
Click hereto view the Environmental Compliance Requirements recorded...